Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hour number two...



Ugh, I am a little disappointed in myself over how little I achieved in one hour today. I am stuck in painting limbo. It feels so laborious, yet it doesn't look like it's ever going to come together. But it will. I'll tell you what, I COMPLETELY understand the importance of color studies now. I am spending a lot of time trying to mix the right colors, only to have them turn out too this or that. Also, I am all about the pretty details, therefore I am DYING to paint the swirlies on the bench and all the fine lines and accents. It is taking all I have to work from the back to the front this time.

Tomorrow I want to start laying in some of the tree shadows on the building and the fence details. I tried to start them with the archway, but the color in waaaaay too dark. And brown.

Well, that's all for now. I am off to watch "True Grit"!

Goodnight!

P.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment