Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hour number three..

Happy February! Can you believe it's February? Wasn't Christmas, like, last week? Sigh...

Anyway, here is what the painting looks like after the third session. I worked mostly on the greenery, and I really like what's happening with it. I also learned that my favorite brush (when painting with acrylics) is the bright. It can do so many things: make straight lines, taper off, make leaves, blend. I have more control over it than a flat, and I think I have picked up a round only once or twice for this whole painting. I LOVE rounds for watercolor and gouache, but they don't do much for me with acrylics. It's probably because I don't know how to use one LOL.


Hmm...looking at this photo, I think the black is too dark. It's not even black really. I mixed green and red to get it (can't remember which ones are in my palette...must be gettin' old!).

I could have worked on this more tonight, I found a groove finally. But there is a "New Girl" and "Tosh.0" I missed yesterday! Yay!

Have a good night!

P.J.

PS: That ground hog BETTER see its shadow tomorrow....if it knows what's good for it....

PPS: "True Grit" was AWESOME! I recommend it if you haven't seen it. AND I found out it was a book first ::adds to never-ending books-to-read list::

1 comment:

  1. I like to avoid black whenever possible. I usually use dark purple or mix burnt umber with dark blue. I don't even touch the black until the whole painting is done and then only sparingly. It's too unforgiving. Don't worry though, it's coming along great!

    ReplyDelete